perjantai 31. joulukuuta 2010

The Last Day

This will be an update entirely about books.

I finished with the Grand Tour yesterday, and am now on the hunt for the third part, the Mislaid Magician, or Ten Years After. Too bad they don't have it in the libraries here, I'll have to find the cheapest bargain...

Now I'm finally reading Joe Abercrombie's the Blade Itself, the first part of his First Law Trilogy. It seems very good, but I have to read more to be entirely certain I like it.
I love these covers! :D But, sadly, just recently the bookstore I frequent switched for the covers with people on them. I don't like them at all, these were so much more stylish. I've borrowed it with these covers, and there's what the Guardian said about it printed there: "Delightfully twisted and evil." Now if that's not a good review, I don't what is!

Just yesterday I ran into an interesting-looking book.

The names is big cliché, but the first page seemed promising as I scanned it - but then again, so did Shadow's Son's. This one is a Gollanzc book, too, and I like to think they have a tendency to publish books I'm generally interested in. Another thing on the plus-side is that this is not Deas's first novel, though it would appear that he has only started publishing in 2009. However, I'm going to see what I can do to get my hands on this. They were only selling it as a hardcover, and I don't buy those for two reasons. One, they're impractical. Two, they're more expensive. And I'm really not into buying books when I have no guarantee of the quality of the interior.




Isn't that a nice amount about a book I haven't even read? ^^;
I'll now start with another post, featuring all the books I read in 2010!
See you very soon.
~Wilzo

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti