perjantai 11. joulukuuta 2009

The Big Q and something I noticed

I wrote "my bookshelf" in the search box of DeviantArt, because I like to see what people's bookshelves look like and what they read. After browsing the results I noticed something that annoyed me. Every single bookshelf introduced seemed to contain Twilight. How depressing is that? I understand that you might get it as a present from an aunt or some other relative who only knows it's popular right now. But so many people have the whole series, not to mention those who have several copies of all of them.
There's better literature in the world, munchkins. Get acquainted to it.


Now that I've gotten that out of my system, let's get to what got me writing today in the first place. I was looking through my book/cd/dvd shelves, when I noticed that there's something I have more stuff about than LotR. The title of this entry gives you a clue.


Yes, that's right. Quentin Tarantino. As you see in the picture, I quite like what he does. There's a biography that I bought a couple of years ago. (I'm not going to buy an updated one until he dies, that's for sure.) There are Four Rooms, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bills and Death Proof on DVD. I haven't watched DP yet, though, but they will run it in the Audiovisual Archive later this months, so I'll save it until that. Four Rooms is only a quarter Tarantino, but it's a good movie.
Oh, and I've also got Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Til Dawn on hard drive. I have yet to watch them.
There are the soundtracks for Inglourious Basterds, From Dusk Til Dawn, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and both Kill Bills. That man is a genious when it comes to putting together soundtracks. I've most liked Dogs and Basterds, though Pulp's is a classic also.
I'd like to point out that the corner of my bag being in the picture has a point. See that badge? It says "Reservoir Dogs". I have three more. My friend brought them for me from Paris. ^^


Then to my wall. I like buying movie postcards, and there have been some really good ones at a local shop. There's three of Pulp Fiction (all featuring my favourite character, Vince Vega! :D), one of Kill Bill vol. 2 and one of From Dusk Til Dawn.
The one with Vincent and Jules is also available as a door poster. I've been planning on buying it and putting it above my window. It'd be so awesome, having them point their guns at my "posters" town from a Discworld calendar! xD



But wait, there's more! I have three cards of Death Proof, as you can see. The one with Quentin pouring a drink was a birthdaycard from a friend, and the two others were a gift from another friend. Who also happened to bring me the big picture of QT himself (featuring Cap'n Crunch!) to inspire me.

I have yet to get something relating to Basterds, which is competing with Pulp for the place of number one Tarantino in my books. I have this little ad they were giving out at the movie theatre, but I'm hoping to get some room made for a good poster - hopefully the one with the Nazi helmet hanging from Donny's bat. I think that picture is just beautiful.



Lastly, I'd like to introduce my beloved posters. The "Kill is Love" was given me by a friend. It's slightly torn, but that has never bothered me. It just looks used and loved. ^^
The Dogs poster with Mr. Blonde - probably my favourite Dog - I purchased after thinking about it long and hard. Then, after rearranging my walls, there was suddenly a blank space next to the door! I was so happy I finally got this poster on.

Now there's just one dilemma left. I have to give up either my Kill Bill poster or my Éomer one to fit Basterds in. I'm starting to think it'll be KB, since Éomer is just... Éomer.

Anyway. Inglourious Basterds has been out on DVD for two days now. Wonder what I'll want for Christmas...

Tarantinist? Me? What on earth are you talking about? *innocent*

"Ladies and gentlemen! Now, the moment you've all been waiting for - the world famous Jack Rabbit Slim's Twist Contest!"

With wuw,
Wilzo

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti