torstai 31. joulukuuta 2009

Zombies and fast cars

So, Christmas over. I got great presents from my friends and family, including the Lies of Locke Lamora and the Inglourious Basterds. Now my family's gone to our cottage for the New Year.

What this update is really about is following: the theatre of the National Audiovisual Archive (from now on Orion) has been running movies that have inspired or been made by Quentin Tarantino. I've been to see the original Inglorious Bastards and Commando Suicida (starring Aldo Ray) and, on Wednesday, the Grindhouses.



Planet Terror took me some accustoming to, since I haven't watched too many zombie movies and am not comfortable watching people being gutted. I warmed up to it, however, after I got used to the gore. It helped a bit that Freddy Rodriguez looked rather dashing and did some awesome stuff. :3 And that Quentin's cameo got sort of hilarious.


Death Proof I liked more, though it was certainly not Quentin at his best. I liked the girl power thing, and cool cars don't hurt, either. I was excited to realise Eli Roth and Omar Doom were in, too, and they sort of made up for that missing Irish Car Bomb scene I was looking forward to. (If anyone can tell me where to find it, I'd be grateful.)
This movie also provided me with a new idol. Zoë Bell, the kiwi stuntwoman playing herself, was so great. First I just enjoyed her accent, but she grew on me. I need to watch Kill Bills again, just so I can go screaming "That's Zoë! Omg she's so cool!"











See that? Part of the awesomeness is that she's actually doing it. You need to see her in the movie to understand why I think so much of her. I'll just say I would love to meet her some day, just to tell her how great I think she did in this one.

So, the year's ending today. Yay. I'll reminisce 2009 some other time, now I need to go - some friends are coming over and I need to make the house look presentable.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti