maanantai 12. heinäkuuta 2010

+30 degrees Celsius

It's so frickin' hot. Our balcony is like a sauna, and flowers were about to die when I arrived with the water. I hope they survive.

RUISROCK. It was so much fun. We arrived to Turku aroun 3pm, said buh-bye to my dad and brother and went off to find some food and the bus stop. We found both, but then realised we had no idea how often the busses would be going and decided that the weather was nice enough for a walk. Actually it was very warm (though not as warm as today) and the walk was several kilometers and we had too little water with us, but we survived. ^^

So we hung around the festival area looking at the stands and drinking free, ice cold Coke. We watched half of Negative's show (Jonne Aaron sure isn't as young as he was five years ago...), saw some of Tarot's (they were great) and Arch Enemy, and waded around in the water next to the beach stage. It was so cold and nice.

And then it was time for what I'd come for: Rise Against. It was a great show, they played a lot of songs I didn't think they would but always hoped, like Survive and Entertainment, and of course one of my ultimate faves, Give It All. The band seemed to be having fun, which made me happy. They seem to have taken a liking for circle pits, because last October in Helsinki Tim said they wanted to see "that Finnish circle thing" and now he announced in a speak that he wanted to see one again. (Damn, how can it be I don't remember which song that was? Something off Siren Song, I think. Or maybe Revolutions Per Minute.)

After RA we went to see NOFX, and found that we both like them. I got a shirt, and I've been humming Don't Call Me White since then. After that we just hung around, talking and joking around (playing with Finnish language a lot, yes, we were very tired) and then it was time for the last show - Ozzy Osbourne. Irene's a fan, and I was curious as to whether he would stay on his feet for the whole show. It was fun.

Around 1:30am it was all over and we tried to be cunning and take a shortcut to get ahead of the main crowd getting out. Our endeavour ended with me having my left hand shoe stuck in a ditch in mud. The whole shoe was muddy inside out, and was slightly uncomfortable to walk in. Anyway, we decided to walk back to town, since there was so much crowd trying to get into the busses. We were at the bus station a bit after 3am, about ten minutes after the bus we had intended to take had left. So we had to wait for an hour for the next one. Thank gods we had the sense to buy breakfast when we first arrived to Turku... Our bus left 4am, we were in Helsinki about 7am, and I got to bed at 7:45am.

So altogether a very good trip. :D My shoe still leaves my heel and ankle dirty, but I'm washing it once more before leaving to Jyväskylä and Finncon next weekend.

Ruisrock ends.

We'll be leaving again on Thursday, and at the moment plan on coming back to Helsinki on Tuesday - the day we both get to know whether we got into University or not. I'm a bit scared of that, because I really would like to get in but don't feel I did good enough in the exam. But I have my fingers crossed, and it won't be the end of the world if I don't get in this year, but... Yeah.

I think that's all there's to say. I have no pictures from Ruis, because I didn't have my camera, but I'll ask my friend if I could post some of her photos here.

I'm gonna go eat ice cream now and watch Breakfast Club. <3
Next update's probably coming when I get back from Finncon.

Lotsa love and ice cubes,
Wilzo 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti