perjantai 9. heinäkuuta 2010

Am I loud and clear or am I breaking up?

Soooo, one of the days I've been waiting for is finally here - the Friday and first day of Ruisrock! :D I'm only going to be there today, because beloved Rise Against is playing. It'll be so very awesome. Irene should be here in about half an hour, and then we'll be off. I've packed, now I only need to change my clothes and put on some make-up.

I've been listening to RA quite a lot for the past week, just to ensure I know every song by heart. xD I've been trying to decide which one of their albums is my favourite, and I only know it's (probably) not the Sufferer and the Witness. Well, it's good to know I like everything they've made so far.

At the moment there are two songs in my head - the Strength To Go On and Historia Calamitatum.
 "What we are is the sum of a thousand lies
  What we know is almost nothing at all
  But we are what we are 'til the day we die
  Or until we don't have the strength to go on"

 "When it rains it pours like summer storms
  These skies as grey as leaves
  The rivers flood the banks and spill into the streets
  But the people laughed and swore that they'd restore the city piece by piece
  And then the clouds gave way as if to agree
  When it rains it pours"

The latter one would be great to hear live, particularly if it would start raining then. I doubt they will play it, though the rain is highly possible - it's been almost subtropic here and a proper rain would help a lot. (Or thunder, which I've been waiting for.)

About other stuff - I'm currently reading Austen's Emma, saw the Ghost Writer and Eclipse in the cinema and watched Penelope and the Curse of the Golden Flower yesterday with friends. I'll possibly say something more about the movies, especially 'bout the Twilight.

Now I better go get ready and make sure I have everything I need with me.

Am I loud and clear, or am I breaking up?
Am I still your charm, or am I just bad luck
Are we getting closer or are we just getitng more lost?
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours first
Let's compare scars, I'll tell you whose is worse
Let's unwrite these pages and replace them with our own words
We live on front porches and swing life away
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labout I'll slave til the end
I won't cross these sreets until you hold my hand
I've been here so long, think that it's time to move
The winter's so cold, summer's over too soon
Let's pack our bags and settle down where palm trees grow
I've got some friends, some that I hardly know
But we've had some times I wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks of
The places that we will go
We live on front porches and swing life away...
~Rise Against: Swing Life Away
<3: Wilzo

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti