tiistai 13. heinäkuuta 2010

Fairies On Steroids

Okay, so I said I'd say a couple of words about the newest Twilight movie, Eclipse.

(I chose this picture 'cause there's no Edward, lol. xD)
Sooooo. Eclipse. It wasn't as bad as New Moon, but not as good as Twilight. The way the vampire backstories were cut pleased me. That was probably partly due to the rating, PG-13, because I think I remember there being more blood in the book. The three stars still can't act to save their lives, though now that I'm watching Robert Pattinson do this with the knowledge that he hates Edward and is playing him through that emotion I enjoy his performance a lot more. (Does that sentence make sense? o_O) About the werewolves I'm a bit torn - I'm not sure whether I like them or not. They are always together and with my poor facial memory it's hard to tell who is who, but I understand and accept that there's no time in two hours and ten minutes to get into each one of their characters too deeply.
My favourites are still Billy Black and Charlie Swan. The only moment Kristen Stewart gets some life in her eyes and acting is when Bella and Charlie have the awkward birds-and-bees conversation.
Oh, and I liked Jasper in this one. Maybe because he took charge and was all cool and stuff. I don't know what Jackson Rathbone did there, but I liked it.

All in all, a little too long a movie, pretty average. I still think they would've been better off if they had kept Catherine Hardwicke directing the whole saga - her style is so great for adolescent movies!





Then a few words about the Ghost Writer. I naturally liked Ewan McGregor, though he wasn't at his best, but Kim Cattrall really amazed me. Not a trace of Samantha to be seen! Polanski did alright work, as well as Brosnan, but not much else to say. It was an okay thriller, and didn't look like it was filmed for TV (like the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo...), and the ending still bugs me so I guess it was a good one. I'd maybe give the movie 3.5/5.

I'm off to town in a minute to meet up with a friend. Yay, leaving for Finncon the day after tomorrow. Can't wait, I'm so excited!

Love,
Wilzo

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti